Friday, February 22, 2008

Sculthorpe Moor

A late/extended lunch break after an appointment in Fakenham took me to the Hawk and Owl Trust reserve at Sculthorpe Moor, just west of the town. This smashing little reserve is well worth a visit http://www.sculthorpemoor.co.uk/ , and with the completion of the visitors centre and a wader scrape with hide on the way, I can see this becoming a regular lunch time haunt when I'm in the area. Today didn't disappoint, with great views of Brambling, my first Grey Wagtail of the year, and, as seen below , even better views of Water Rail! If you would like to see Water Rail, there's no better place than here, there were three while I was here, great stuff!

Marsh Tit


Brambling, apparently being robbed!


Brambling, female...


...a male, feathers starting to wear through to black on head.



"Felbrigg Water Rails please take note!"






No comments: