Monday, January 01, 2007

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Traditionally New Years Day is something of a must do in the birding calender, when lists start over again, resolutions are made to go out locally more, and is usually broken by visiting the more popular sites further afield today! I broke with tradition a little by not going very far at all! I've decided that along with a Garden Year List, I am going to keep tabs on a Parish Year List, just to add a little more incentive to bird a bit more, especially during the quieter periods. To that end then, the morning notched up the following for starters:

From Garden:

1 House Sparrow
2 Starling
3 Blackbird
4 Chaffinch
5 Carrion Crow
6 Rook
7 Jackdaw
8 Woodpigeon
9 Collared Dove
10 Pheasant
11 Red legged Partridge
12 Black-headed Gull
13 Common Gull
14 Great-black backed Gull
15 Magpie
16 greenfinch
17 Goldfinch

Also whilst walking the dog I noticed this tiny imprint in the mud, either a Muntjac or a crippled My Little Pony!

Mun-trac!


The Parish boundary approximately runs as below, as far as I can work out!



I do have it on good authority that the boundary runs down the middle of Felbrigg Lake, which is part of the Hall and Gardens, so I think that will be the greatest area of diversity compared with my garden Fountain! Roll on spring!

No comments: