Sunday, December 09, 2007

Felbrigg Lake

A damp, grey day here, so typical of the British winter in recent years. Managed to get over to a gloomy Felbrigg lake this afternoon:
Mallard 40
Coot 3
Tufted Duck 17
Pochard 4
Wigeon 1
Teal 1
Mute Swan 2
Moorhen 15
Grey-lag Goose 1
Egyptian Goose 2
Water Rail 1 (my first sight, rather than sound of these here!)

Stonechat (from last weekend)


Mute Swan


Herring Gull


Water Rail (it was too dark for piccies so I managed a dodgey grab!)

My birding becomes pretty benign this time of year, what with the onset of the festive season and being the busiest time of year workwise. I tend to look back up til Christmas, then start looking forward between Christmas and the new year. As for looking back recently, I have finally started putting together a trip report of sorts for last years holiday Down Under! The start of which can be found here http://wildlifeaylmerton-australia.blogspot.com/

No comments: